About Wanbury Ltd.
Wanbury Limited is an Indian pharmaceutical company, based in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. It was established in 1990 (as Pearl Distributors Private Limited) and renamed Wanbury Limited after its merger with Wander in 2004. The company manufactures and sells Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients(API)in 70-plus countries, and branded formulationsin India.
Main Business Areas
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- A basket of more than 23 APIs
- Clients include some of the world’s leading global generic players, including Apotex, Teva, Mylan, McNeil
- Exports to 70-plus countries (mostly to regulated markets)
- Largest manufacturer of Salsalate, Tramadol, Metformin for the US market, covering more than 50% of the US market for these APIs
- Pan-India presence with close to 70 brands
- Reaches out to 70,000+ doctors in India
- Strong presence in the following therapeutic segments: anti-inflammatory, analgesics, anti-diabetic, antibiotics, cough & cold solutions, gastro intestinal, gynecology, general practitioner,heamatinics, neutraceuticals, orthopedics and stroke surgery.
- 2 R&Dcenters (API & Formulations) recognized by Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR)
- 3 manufacturing facilities; including 2 USFDA approved multi-product facilities
- Dedicated Intellectual Property (IP) unit for protecting IP generated by Wanbury
Won several awards for key formulations (ORG-IMS survey)such as:
- Cpink(Best Brand Launch in Indiain 2006-2007)
- Rabiplus(Best Brand Launch in India in 2007-2008)
- 4 brands (Cpink, Rabiplus, Folinine and Adtrol Plus) rank among top four in their respective categories
A strong presence in India through the following four divisions:
- Main Division (general doctors
- Osteolife (catering to orthopedics)
- Surglife (surgeons)
- WOW (gynecologists)
The shares of Wanbury Limited are listed on Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), Hyderabad Stock Exchange (HSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE).
Wanbury was incorporated as Pearl Distributors Private Limited in 1990. It went public in 1991 and was renamed Pearl Organics Limited.
The first major milestone of the company was the establishment of its manufacturing facility in Tarapur in 1992 for manufacturing APIs. In 1995,the company set up its second manufacturing plant at Patalganga by acquiring Brij Chemicals Private Limited. The manufacturing facility got its USFDA approval in 2002.
In 2004, Wander merged with Pearl Organics to become Wanbury Limited.
- 1990: Established as Pearl Distributors Pvt. Limited
- 1991: Pearl Distributors Pvt. Limited goes public and is renamed Pearl Organics Limited
- 1992: Establishes first manufacturing plant at Tarapurfor APIs
- 1995: Acquires manufacturing plant of Brij Chemicals Private Limited at Patalganga
- 1995: Forms alliance with Wyckoff Chemicals (USA) to market APIs in USA
- 2002: Gets USFDAapproval for Patalganga plant
- Wander Private Limited and Pearl Organics merge to form Wanbury Limited
- Sets up R&D centre at Navi Mumbaifor APIs
- Starts using SAP platform for business transactions
- 2005: Acquires Doctor’s Organics and Chemicals Ltd., a USFDA approved facility for manufacturing multi-product APIs
- 2006: Emerges as the largest global producer of Metformin, a diabetes management product
- Merges with Doctor’s Organics and Chemicals Limited
- Enters into partnership with Bravo Healthcare Limited
- Enters into alliance with Chinese company to form Ningxia Wanbury Fine Chemicals Company Limited for sourcing raw materials
- Secures preferred vendor status from Pfizer (US) for Contract Research and Manufacturing Services (CRAMS)
- Cpink is awarded ‘Best Brand Launch’ by ORG-IMS in India in 2006-07; achieves sales of ?11 crore in first year of launch
- Wanbury Limited features in ORG-IMS’s list of top 100 fastest growing companies in India
- Opens office in Zurich for its Contract Research and Manufacturing (CRAM) business
- Rabiplus is awarded ‘Best Brand launch’ by ORG-IMS in India in 2007-2008
- 2009: Ranked 47in the top 100 companies list (ORG-IMS)
2012: Wanbury’s API reach?200croresin annualized revenues
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Whole-time Director and Vice Chairman Mr. K Chandran
- Non-Executive Independent Director Mr. NK Puri
- Non-Executive Independent Director Mr. SK Bhattacharyya
- Non-Executive Independent Director Mr. DivakarKaza
- Non-Executive Independent Woman Director Ms. Poonam Arya Bharti
Tel: +91-22-6794 2222
Research & Development Centers