About BAL Pharma Limited
Bal Pharma Limited (BPL) is an Indian Pharmaceutical company based in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Incorporated in 1987, it manufactures and markets Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Finished Drug Formulations (FDF) and Ayurvedic Medicines both domestically and across 80+ countries.
- APIs: BPL’s API manufacturing plants can handle up to 30 types of complex chemical reactions at a time. They can produce fine chemicals, advance Intermediates, APIs and can scale up with ease from MG quantities to MT quantities.
FDFs: BPL manufactures a wide range of FDFs in about 20 therapeutic segments for export to 50+ regulated, semi-regulated and non-regulated countries.
Bal Pharma operates in a number of therapeutic segments through the following divisions:
- Vibrant: A multi-specialty division that specializes in respiratory products, pain management, anti-infectives, women health, etc. Some of the well-known brands from this stable are Balvibe, MNF, Aziwin, Ebay, Ocium and Monogesic Plus Gel.
- Glyduz: The division concentrates on diabetes treatment products, through flagship brands such as Diabend and Diabend M.
- Bal Vedics: Manufactures and markets herbal and Ayurvedic formulations, catering to conditions such as women health, male infertility, renal calculi, prostate enlargement, etc. Salient brands include Menoleap, Ashwamed, Prostowin, Stonex, Suswas, and Ayursulin.
- Servetus: Focusses on cardiac care through major brands such as Servace and Secremet.
- Institutional Division: Markets to government hospitals and medical centers.
Five manufacturing units with international approvals
(Bangalore – 2; Pune – 1, Sangli – 1; Rudrapur – 1).
- R&D facilities at the API manufacturing unit are capable of early stage API development. The unit has processes that do not infringe upon patents and has the expertise to produce high quality drug master files (DMF).
- Pan-India distribution network with super stockists in all states, stockists within the state serviced by 500+ sales people.
Bal Pharma Ltd. is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE).
Bal Pharma Limited at-a-glance
Certifications and Approvals
^As per Reserve Bank of India, Reference Rate for the US Dollar was ?64.8386 on March 31, 2017.
Bal Pharma was incorporated as a private limited company on 19th May 1987. In March 1990, it took over a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant in Bangalore and started manufacturing formulations in September 1991.
The company went public on 25th July 1994, and obtained a fresh certificate of incorporation on 9th August 1994.
- 1992: Bal Pharma gets a humble start
- 1996: Commences an API Unit 2 at Bangalore, Karnataka
- 1997: Opens an IV Unit 3 at Pune, Maharashtra
- 2009: Commences an FDF Unit 4 at Rudrapur, Uttarakhand
- 2011: Starts Intermediate Unit 5 at Sangli
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Managing Director Mr. Shailesh D Siroya
- Non-executive Director Mr. Shrenik D Siroya
- Executive Director Dr. Subbarao Prasanna
- Independent Director Dr. GSR Subba Rao
- Independent Director Mr. Pramod Kumar S
- Independent Director Mrs. Sarika Bhandari
Bal Pharma Limited
5th Floor, Lakshmi Narayan Complex
10/1, Palace Road, Bangalore – 560052
Tel: +9180 - 41379500
Fax: +9180 - 22354057