About Morepen Laboratories Ltd.
Morepen Laboratories Limited (MLI) is an Indian pharmaceutical company with its headquarters in New Delhi, India. Morepen was established in 1984 and went public in 1993. The company's manufactures and sells Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), Home Diagnostics and Finished Formulations to 50-plus countries.
Its subsidiaries include Dr. Morepen Limited, Total Care Limited and Morepen Inc. USA.
Morepen’s key product areas include:
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)
Manufacture and export of complex, high margin molecules (APIs/ Intermediates) to regulated markets (USA, Europe, Russia, Canada) and non-regulated markets.
Branded Prescription Drugs
Over 100 branded formulations marketed domestically in 8 major therapeutic segments (antibiotics, gastro-intestinal, CNS, orthopedics and pain, calcium metabolism, respiratory and anti-allergic, nutraceuticals and vitamins).
Clinical and self-health diagnostic devices marketed through Medipath. The self-health diagnostic brand HomeHealth’s portfolio includes products such as Analog Weighing Scales, Body & Foot Massagers, Heat Therapy Range, Nebulizers, Pregnancy Cards, Clinical & Digital Thermometers, etc.
Fast moving health goods under the umbrella brand Dr. Morepen, providing everyday solutions for health ailments affecting consumers. Portfolio includes popular brands such as Burnol (for burns), Lemolate Gold (for cold relief), Fibre-X Sat-Isabgol (natural laxative), Fever-X (fever reducer), Option72 (emergency contraceptive), Dabgel (antacid), MoreVital+ (dietary supplement), Exygra (for erectile dysfunction), QuickChek (pregnancy card) and many more.
- 3 manufacturing facilities of international standards in India (Masulkhana, Parwanoo and Baddi in Himachal Pradesh).
- 3 State-of-the-art R&D Centers with 40+ trained scientists.
- Major export markets include US and European markets, Israel, Turkey, Iran, CIS and SE Asian markets, and neighboring markets like Pakistan and Bangladesh.
- 200-strong sales team with pan-India reach
- The world’s largest generic player of Loratadine with more than 80% US generics market share
The shares of Morepen Laboratories Limited are listed on Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE).
Morepen Laboratories Limited at-a-glance
Approvals & Certifications
Established in 1984 by Mr. KB Suri, Morepen Laboratories Limited started off as a pure API manufacturer. In 1985, it commenced the production of bulk drugs and over the years it moved up from manufacturing simple semi-synthetic products to products with complex multi stage synthesis.
The company went public in 1993. After the demise of founder chairman Mr. KB Suri in 2000, Mr. Sushil Suri took over the reins of the company.
- 1985: Commences production of bulk drugs
- 1993: Raises an IPO
- 1995: Forms Medicus division for developing, manufacturing and marketing branded prescription drugs
- Receives USFDA approval for production of API Loratidine
- Starts developing new generation high-value molecules
- 2001: Launches Dr. Morepen, a brand of fast moving health goods (FMHG), enabling customers to address health issues brought about by lifestyle and life-stage factors through OTC products
- Commences marketing of clinical diagnostic devices through tie-ups with international companies
- Acquires Lifespring, a chain of health and beauty stores
- 2010: Starts Cardia division to focus on diabetes and cardiology therapy group (with 14 brands)
No specific information is available for the period 2010-17.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Chairman and Managing Director- Mr. Sushil Suri
- Independent Director - Manoj Joshi
- Independent Director - Sukhcharan Singh
- Independent Director - Bhupender Raj Wadhwa
- Whole-time Director - Dr. Arun Kumar Sinha
- Director - Ms. Anju Suri
Morepen Laboratories Ltd.
Tel: +91-11-23324443, 23712025, 9818305894
Morepen Laboratories Ltd.
666 Plainsboro Road
New Jersey – 08536
el: 609 716 6300
Fax: 609 716 6301
As per RBI exchange rate on 31st March 2017 (USD1 = ?64.8386)