About Sharon Bio-Medicine Ltd.
Sharon Bio-Medicine Ltd. is an Indian pharmaceutical company based in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra. Established in 1989 as a manufacturer of Pharmaceutical Intermediates and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), the company started manufacturing Finished Dosages in 2007.
The company also offers services such as chemical process development and scale-up, formulation development, analytical method development, DMF and dossier preparation, stability monitoring through a product’s shelf life.
- Exports to all markets including regulated markets such as USA, Europe and Australia
- 2 API manufacturing facilities at Taloja, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Manufactures finished dosages mainly for pharmaceutical companies in areas such as oncology, dermatology, antibiotics, liquid orals, capsules and suppositories.
- The company started a separate division for pre-clinical toxicology testing, called SA-FORD (Sanctuary for Research and Development in 2008. SA-FORD is an OECD GLP certified Contract Research Organization (CRO) specializing in chemistry, mutagenicity & toxicological studies on rodents. The division works strictly according to international regulatory guidelines, such as OECD, EPA, ICH, EC, EMEA, CIPAC, etc.
Sharon Bio-Medicine Ltd. is listed on both Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE).
Sharon Bio-Medicine Limited at-a-glance
^As per Reserve Bank of India’s Reference Rate for the US Dollar ?66.3329 on March 31, 2016.
Sharon Bio-Medicine Ltd. was incorporated in 1989. The company went public in 2000 with an offering of 25% of its shares.
- 1989: Sharon Bio-Medicine Limited is established
- Starts manufacture of Pharmaceutical Intermediates
- API manufacturing unit 1 in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India is commissioned
- 1997: Commences the manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)
- Goes public
- Sets up an R&D Centre for the development of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Intermediates
- 2001: Commences exports to non-regulated markets
- 2007: State-of-art manufacturing facility for Formulations / Finished Dosages is commissioned at Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
- Sets up a division called SA-FORD (Sanctuary for Research and Development) for conducting toxicology studies
- API manufacturing unit 2 in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India is commissioned
2010 - 2011:
- Manufacturing facility for finished dosage gets approval from Health Canada, TGA Australia, UK MHRA
- API manufacturing unit 2 is granted first CEP product Trimetazidine Dihydrochloride
- 3 DMFs filed with USFDA.
- 2014: API manufacturing unit 2 gets KFDA and EDQM GMP Certification
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Managing Director Mrs. Savita Satish Gowda
- Executive Director Mr. Lalit Misra
- Non-Executive Director Dr. Nivedita Patil
- Non-Executive Director Mr. Harish Palecanda
Sharon Bio-Medicine Ltd.
C-312, BSEL Tech Park, Sector 30 (A)
Opposite Vashi Railway Station, Vashi
Navi Mumbai – 400703
Tel: +91 22-67944000