About Sterling Biotech Ltd
Sterling Biotech (partof Sandesara Group)is an Indian pharmaceutical company based in Vadodara, Gujarat. It was established in 1985 to manufacture and market Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs), anti-cancer productsand cholesterol-and lipid-lowering drugs.
The company also manufactures pharmaceutical and nutraceutical gelatine used in pharmaceutical products.
- State of the art R&D centres and world-class manufacturing capabilities, including advanced pilot plants for scale up studies, bioreactors and down streaming process equipment.
- cGMP compliance at all phases of manufacturing.
- Fermentation facility at the plant in Masar, one of the largest in India.
- Largest manufacturer of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical gelatinin Asia, and one of the the top five producers of gelatin in the world with a 9.3% market share of the global pharmaceutical gelatin market.
The shares of Sterling Biotech Ltd. are listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), National Stock Exchange (NSE) and Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
Sterling Biotech Limited at-a-glance*
Sterling Biotech was incorporated on 23rd March 1985 in Mumbai, Maharashtra under the name of Pluto Exports & Consultants Ltd. On 19thApril 1985, the company acquired a Certificate of Commencement of Business to commence production.
On 24th June 1991, the company renamed itself Sterling Tea and Industries Limited to reflect its entry in the tea plantation business.
In the early 1990s, the company changed its name to Sterling Biotech Limited when it entered the pharmaceutical business. Subsequently in 2000, the company exited the tea business altogether.
The company has not shared this information
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Chairman and Managing Director Mr. Nitin Sandesara
- Joint Managing Director Mr. ChetanSandesara
- Director Mr. Vilas D Joshi
- Director Mr. PB Mehta
- Director Mrs. Mayuri Patel
Director Mr. RB Dixit
Sterling Biotech Limited
43, Atlanta Building
Tel: +91-265-2680720, 2680730