About Suven Life Sciences Ltd.
Suven Life Sciences Ltd. (Suven) is an Indian life sciences company based in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. Established in 1989 as a private limited company, it went public in 1995. The company designs, manufactures and supplies bulk actives, drug intermediates and fine chemicals to domestic and international players in the bio-pharmaceuticals industry.
The company’s key business units include:
Contract Research and Manufacturing Services (CRAMS)
Develops and supplies cost-effective pharmaceutical and agro chemical intermediates for New Chemical Entities (NCE's) to 22 global life science and fine chemical companies.
Drug Discovery Research Services (DDRS)
Offers DDRS to global pharma and biotech companies in physicochemical properties, screening (receptors/enzymes), assay development, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics in rodents, non-rodents, brain penetration, microdialysis, receptor occupancy, CNS pharmacology, safety pharmacology, and in-vivo rodent toxicology, histopathology, clinical pathology and bioanalysis.
Formulation Development Center
Supports drug discovery and product delivery through customized and dedicated formulation development laboratories, technology laboratories, process development laboratories, packaging development and testing laboratories, analytical method development and validation laboratories, microbiology testing laboratory, stability chambers and warehouse facilities.
- Relationships with over 22 global pharmaceutical companies
- Exports comprised approx. 92% (?499.63 Cr/ USD 77.06 million) of the total revenue in 2016-17
In the last 5years, the company’s:
- Sales revenues increased by 211%
- EBIDTA grew by 333%
- Net profit increased by 400%.
- 425-member strong R&D Center recognized by Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), Govt. of India
- One of the few players in the world in high-value CNS research
- Key global customers include AstraZeneca, Perrigo, Boehringer Ingelheim, Pfizer, Bristol-Myers, Lilly, Bayer, Merck, Johnson & Johnson, GSK, Celgene, Abbott, DuPont, Sanofi Aventis, Novartis and Fujifilm
- Offices in Hyderabad, India and NJ, USA
The shares of Suven Life Sciences Ltd. are listed on Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), National Stock Exchange (NSE), and Hyderabad Stock Exchange (HSE).
Suven Life Sciences Limited at-a-glance
Approvals & Certifications
Promoted by Mrs. and Mr. Venkat Jasti, Suven Life Sciences, (formerly Suven Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.) was incorporated as a private limited company in 1989. It commenced operations in 1990. The company went public with an IPO in 1995, and changed its name to Suven Life Sciences Limited in 2003. In 2015, Suven created a wholly owned subsidiary,Suven Inc.,in the US.
For details, please see Milestones below.
- 1989: Suven Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd. is incorporated
- 1990: Starts operations
- 1991: Expands into Fine Chemical Intermediates
- 1992: Commences export of Fine Chemical Intermediates
- 1994: Initiates CRAMS business model (Contract Research And Manufacturing Services)
- 1995: Goes public (IPO)
- 1996: First sale from CRAMS
- 1997: Obtains ISO 9002 Certification
- 1999: Receives export house recognition
- Inaugurates new Suven Research Center (SRC) at Hyderabad
- SRC is recognized as in-house R & D unit by Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), India
- Borregaard takes equity stake
- 2002: Commissions cGMP Lab at SRC
- Acquires assets of New Jersey-based Synthon Chiragenics Corporation
- Changes name to Suven Life Sciences Limited
- 2004: Receives ISO 14001:1996 certification for Unit - 1 (Suryapet) and Unit - 2 (Jeedimetla)
- Receives 2005 - Partner of Choice in Drug Discovery for CNS award from Frost & Sullivan
- Awarded Phase III Clinical study for Chronic Low Back pain
- Receives National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) certification
- Suven and Lilly establish Drug Discovery Collaboration
- All units obtain certification for ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001
- Suven Unit III cGMP facility is accepted by USFDA for manufacture of API's
- Collaborates with University of Minnesota to develop drugs to treat HIV infection
- Obtains first product patent from US Patent office
- Establishes second CNS Drug Discovery collaboration with Lilly
- Granted Certificate of Suitability (CEP) for Tamsulosin Hydrochloride
- Participates at Biotech Showcase 2009
- Unit 1 receives US FDA acceptance
- Achieves first milestone payment in Drug Discovery collaboration
- Partners and undertakes fund-raising at C21 BioVentures™
- Presents at International Conference on Alzheimer’s Disease (ICAD)
- Bags Pharmexcil's Gold “Patent Award”
- Partners and undertakes fund-raising at JP Morgan Healthcare Conference 2011
- Bags “Bio-Excellence Award at Bangalore India Bio 2011”
- Participates at 4th CNS Partnering & Deal Making Conference in US
- Receives Pharmexcil’s Gold “Patent Award”
- Presents at Alzheimer's Association International Conference (AAIC)
- Receives Pharmexcil’s “Platinum Patent Award”
- Receives US FDA acceptance for Pashamylaram’s unit
- Receives Pharmexcil’s “Gold Patent Award” for NCE’s and “Outstanding Export Receives Performance Award” for Contract Research and Manufacturing
- Awarded Forbes Asia's "Best Under A Billion" award
- Receives Pharmexcil's "Gold Patent Award"
- SUVN 502 – Completes phase 1b clinical trial under US-IND
- SUVN-G3031 – Completes SAD and MAD studies of phase 1 clinical trial under US-IND
- Files SUVN-D4010 IND in the US
- Suven facility at JNPC, Vishakapatnam, Andhra Pradesh commences commercial operations
- SUVN-D4010 for Cognition in Alzheimer’s disease commences Phase 1 Clinical Trial in the US under US-IND126099
- Creates a wholly owned subsidiary, Suven Inc., a Delaware company in USA
- Initiates Phase 2A trial of SUVN-502 in the US
- SUVN-D4010 Phase 1 clinical trial completed successfully in the US
- Successful USFDA inspection of Pashamylaram unit
- 2017: Announces initiation of Phase 1 Clinical Trial and First Dosing of SUVN-911, a nAChRs antagonist for MDD
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Chairman and CEO - Mr. Venkateswarlu Jasti
- Whole-time Director - Mrs. Sudharani Jasti
- Independent Non-Executive Director - Dr. MR Naidu
- Independent Non-Executive Director - Dr. KV Raghavan
- Independent Non-Executive Director - Mr. DG Prasad
- Independent Non-Executive Director - Mr. M Gopalakrishna, IAS (Retd.)
- Director - Prof. Seyed E Hasnain
Suven Life Sciences Ltd.
Hyderabad-500 034, Telangana
Suven Life Sciences Ltd.
As per company website